Posted on 01-19-2011
Those of us in the tech community who work with APIs talk a lot about the API economy. This refers to how the Internet is changing all industries on a global scale, and how APIs are a driving force behind this. Behind the scenes, APIs are an integral part of:
- Social Networking and Media - APIs were the driving mechanism behind Twitter and Facebook's community and made YouTube a ubiquitous video presence across the Internet.
- Cloud Computing - Amazon Web Services (AWS) a leader in cloud computing started as ONLY an API.
- Real-Time Streaming data
- Historical Market Data
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs