Posted on 03-24-2011
Infochimps recently launch some new API calls, and expect to be launching hundreds more in the coming months. Infochimps is taking large data sets in areas likecensus, housing, and education and making them available via an API. Also Infochimps is bundling these data sets and RESTful APIs with their API Explorer. This allows even non-developers to play with large data sets. Some new API calls they've built are:
- Qwerly - You know when you Google someone's name and through some SEO magic, you can find all of that person's social media profiles? Imagine being able to easily integrate these presences into your applications. Query a person's Twitter handle and the Qwerly API call will return any of his or her social media presences (Facebook, Friendfeed, Flickr, etc) that it can find.
- Twitter People Search - Let's face it. Finding new cool people on Twitter can be a bit taxing. Query any word using Twitter People Search and find any user who uses that word in their bio. Looking for other data lovers? Check. Looking for people who like the Green Bay Packers? Check. Looking for Bieber lovers on Twitter? You'll have no problem there. ;-)
- British National Corpus - Word lists are very popular on our site and we couldn't pass this one up. This API call allows you to access the British National Corpus, a 100-million-word text corpus of samples of written and spoken English from a wide range of sources. The corpus covers British English the late twentieth century from a wide variety of genres with the intention that it be a representative sample of spoken and written British English of that time.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke