The Mendeley API Binary Battle
01 Apr 2011Mendeley, the academic social network for organizing, discovering and collaborating around research, has announced an API contest. Mendeley is awarding $10,001 for anyone mashing up something cool with the 70 million documents, usage statistics, reader demographics, social tags, and related research. All you need to do is:
- Register for an API key
- Build an application using the Mendeley API
- Fill out the binary battle entry form
- Juan Enriquez - Managing Director of Excel Venture Management and CEO of Biotechonomy.
- Tim O'Reilly - Founder of O'Reilly Media.
- James Powell - CTO of Thomson Reuters, the world's leading information services company. Werner Vogels - CTO of Amazon.com and former research scientist at Cornell University.
- John Wilbanks - VP for Science at Creative Commons and former bioinformatics entrepreneur.
- How active is your application?
- How viral is the app?
- Does the application increase collaboration and/or transparency?
- How cool is your app?