Garrett Wilkin (@garrettwilkin) has been working with complex, high-performance, financial software systems for more than 6 years. During this time he has learned to analyze and understand large software applications with dozens of concurrent processes. He’s accustomed to complexity and excels at translating technical issues into higher level concepts for non-technical audiences.
He feels passionately about the opportunities for collaboration and innovation that are being produced through the API trend of recent years. He recently attended and participated in the hacking at Music Hack Day in Boston. Having been inspired by the electric, creative energy at this event, he’s seeking further engagement with the wider hacking community.
As a writer for ProgrammableWeb since March 2011 Garrett has written more than 100 articles on APIs and the strategies behind them. Because of their shared passion for creativity and innovation, he enjoys engaging the technical and business leadership from these companies in discussing their niche in the API space.
His latest web technology project seeks to use Twilio to bridge the technology gap in rural communities where many people lack familiarity with or access to the web. Seeing value in the wisdom and cultural perspectives of these people who do not participate in our digital age, he hopes to use the old fashioned phone to facilitate their involvement.
|API Evangelist, API Evangelist, Garrett Willkin, ProgrammableWeb|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates