I’m always on the lookout for extremely simple ways API Evangelists can support their developers without rolling out complex tools or platforms. The latest approach comes from the Disqus API, and how they are using Twitter to answer developer questions.
Using a #hashtag is a great way to allow developers to ask questions without learning some new system or complex process. They can simply Tweet out their question in real-time, in a format they are hopefully already familiar with.
As an API owner, you can quickly help solve a developers problem, allowing them to get back to developing. Because of the Twitter 140 character format it will help keep their questions brief. Then using the Twitter REST API, you can easily pull, filter and integrate FAQs for your API into your master FAQ list.
Thanks Disqus for keeping developer support so simple.
|Disqus, FAQ, Support|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space