Posted on 10-24-2012
I spent two hours with a handful of the Presidential Innovation Fellows in Washington DC yesterday. They were some super savvy folks from a wide variety of agencies and backgrounds including education, energy and health.
During my two hours with them I walked through several areas of the API industry, from my perspective, including:
- History of APIs
- API Planning & Design
- API Development
- Business of APIs
- API Service Providers
- API Tools, Services, Platforms
- Politics of APIs
- API Evangelism
- What’s Next for APIs
You can access my innovation fellows presentation off API Evangelist, I’ll leave it up permanently. It’s minus all my commentary and banter, but hopefully it will give you an idea of what I covered. If you’d like a custom presentation on it, let me know and I’ll see if I can find a slot to do a Google Hangout.
I had a blast talking to the Presidential Fellows, and I hope that I left them with some value that will help them be successful in their various initiatives. They are already halfway through their sprint, and have a lot of expectations put on them.
I will be following their progress closely and publish any stories I can on their progress.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape