Posted on 10-24-2012
I spent two hours with a handful of the Presidential Innovation Fellows in Washington DC yesterday. They were some super savvy folks from a wide variety of agencies and backgrounds including education, energy and health.
During my two hours with them I walked through several areas of the API industry, from my perspective, including:
- History of APIs
- API Planning & Design
- API Development
- Business of APIs
- API Service Providers
- API Tools, Services, Platforms
- Politics of APIs
- API Evangelism
- What’s Next for APIs
You can access my innovation fellows presentation off API Evangelist, I’ll leave it up permanently. It’s minus all my commentary and banter, but hopefully it will give you an idea of what I covered. If you’d like a custom presentation on it, let me know and I’ll see if I can find a slot to do a Google Hangout.
I had a blast talking to the Presidential Fellows, and I hope that I left them with some value that will help them be successful in their various initiatives. They are already halfway through their sprint, and have a lot of expectations put on them.
I will be following their progress closely and publish any stories I can on their progress.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)