Posted on 10-09-2013
I just got off the phone with a new Backend as a Service provider BizMobify, who is looking to deliver BaaS services to the enterprise. The timing for the call couldn't be better, as I'm updating up my BaaS white paper this week, and one thing I'm expanding is looking at it through the enterprise lens.
As I dust off my research on BaaS I'm re-visiting my BaaS research site and re-watching the BaaS Panel from API Strategy & Practice in NYC last February. This is helping me understand where the space what last winter and early spring.
As we move into the last quarter of 2013 I'm reminded of how fast the BaaS space is maturing. There are new providers continuing to enter the space, but I also see continued energy and releases from the BaaS leaders like Parse and Kinvey.
Kinvey, AnyPresence and StackMob will all be at #APIStrat on October 24th and 25th in San Francisco. While we won't be having another BaaS focused panel, they will be sharing their insight on the space in separate sessions.
From my vantage point I see BaaS providers being a key channel for API providers to reach developers in 2014, and definitely an area I will keep tracking on and working to understand.
If you are an API provider, you should be paying attention to BaaS providers, because they offer a channel for your API resources to reach developers. Developers may not care about your resource all by itself, but when bundled with the best of breed BaaS tools as well as other API resources, it may look much more appealing.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr