Posted on 11-12-2013
I just found an interesting brainstorm going on via Github, about how to make government more efficient and interoperable using APIs, that was created by government consultant Leah Bannon (@leahbannon), called If Gov Then That.
The idea? Promote gov APIs by making them dead simple and suggesting clever recipes (like IFTTT and Zapier)
Leah has started a rough list of some possible recipes, but needs your help to brainstorm what you'd like to see for developing interoperability and automation recipes in our government.
You can contribute via the Github project, on the conversation thread she started on the US Government APIs Google Group, and she will be working on as part of Code for DC.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use As Part Of My API Support Strategy
- Common Building Blocks of Cloud APIs
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use