Posted on 01-26-2014
Amazon has an interesting new service called Instant Access, which follows a trend I’m seeing in commerce, that allows the sales of digital goods, not just in-app like Amazon’s In-App Purchasing does, but let’s you sell your digital wares on Amazon.com.
This new service allows you to list and sell your digital goods on Amazon.com, just like the physical goods you normally associate with Amazon. This opens up your digital products to the heavy traffic of Amazon.com, as well as the other perks like discoverability, reviews, and the payment systems that the Amazon platform enables.
Amazon Instant Access connects customer’s profiles with your application profiles, and triggers digital products sales in your system, using your API. To do this, you provide Instant Access with API endpoints for triggering profile creation or linkage, and for initiating digital product sales that are coming from Amazon.com.
Now you can generate new sales, as well as allow your existing customers to use Amazon.com for searching, browsing and purchasing your digital products—changing the dynamics of virtual commerce. This opens up another reason for you to have APIs for your customers, as well as for your physical and virtual products. If you don’t have APIs, you will be limited to attracting customers and sale of your products via your website and applications.
If you do have APIs for your customer profiles, and physical and virtual products and services, you can open up the sale of your products via 3rd party platforms, including commerce giants like Amazon.com.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- ReliefWeb Is Tackling The Worlds Biggest Problems Using APIs
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?