Posted on 06-30-2014
|Download as PDF|
My research for API Evangelist spans 50+ projects, but my core research is focused on seven projects in API 101, history, design, deployment, management, discovery and integration. In each of these areas, I evaluate who the key players (companies and individuals) are, and the tools and services they produce.
Using my own, custom developed system, I monitor these key players, in all of the research areas, consuming blog posts, tweets, code commits, and much more, trying to establish a deep awareness in each of these fundamental layers of the API economy. The goal of my monitoring is to help me in producing blog posts (short form), and white papers (long form), while generating valuable analysis for my research, and increasing my own understanding and awareness of the API economy.
I have already produced white papers for API 101, History of APIs, API Deployment, and API Management, and I just now finished one for API Design. As with all of my research projects, and the resulting white papers, they are a work in progress, and meant to be a living snapshot of my research. I generate this white paper using the same tools I publish my API design research to Github. My CMS lets me format the static content, while also pulling dynamic content from my tracking system(s), and rolls it up into single PDF white paper, you can take with you and learn about the world of API design--it isn't perfect, but provides a good summary of my research.
The other white papers I've produced are all due for an update, but first I need to focus on producing the first version white paper for API discovery, and integration, both areas that are extremely relevant, fast moving layers of the API economy. Looking at the date on my other white papers, June 2013, it seems that summer is a good time to hibernate and produce these new, long form snapshots of my ongoing research into the API economy.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet
- Publishing Your APIs To Product Hunt
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio
- Every API Provider Should Have A Logo And Branding Page
- What Is An API First Strategy? IT architecture And Catalyst For Engagement
- The Speed Of Federal Government When It Runs On Github
- Swagger, APIs.json, And Review For The New Developer.Trade.gov
- Student, Instructor, Classroom, Class, And Course API Planning At BYU
- Can You Add My API To Your Website Listing?
- Adding Google To List Of API Deployment Companies
- What Is An API First Strategy? Adding Some Dimensions To This New Question
- The Five Month Journey Toward A Stable APIs.json Discovery Format
- How Are Mobile Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Dave Devitt At SYDCON
- An API Case Study Format From Google Cloud Platform
- Next Stable Version of APIs.json + APIs.io Is Ready - Are Your APIs Discoverable?
- Expanding API Gateway Connectors Into A World of API Deployment Startups