Posted on 06-30-2014
|Download as PDF|
My research for API Evangelist spans 50+ projects, but my core research is focused on seven projects in API 101, history, design, deployment, management, discovery and integration. In each of these areas, I evaluate who the key players (companies and individuals) are, and the tools and services they produce.
Using my own, custom developed system, I monitor these key players, in all of the research areas, consuming blog posts, tweets, code commits, and much more, trying to establish a deep awareness in each of these fundamental layers of the API economy. The goal of my monitoring is to help me in producing blog posts (short form), and white papers (long form), while generating valuable analysis for my research, and increasing my own understanding and awareness of the API economy.
I have already produced white papers for API 101, History of APIs, API Deployment, and API Management, and I just now finished one for API Design. As with all of my research projects, and the resulting white papers, they are a work in progress, and meant to be a living snapshot of my research. I generate this white paper using the same tools I publish my API design research to Github. My CMS lets me format the static content, while also pulling dynamic content from my tracking system(s), and rolls it up into single PDF white paper, you can take with you and learn about the world of API design--it isn't perfect, but provides a good summary of my research.
The other white papers I've produced are all due for an update, but first I need to focus on producing the first version white paper for API discovery, and integration, both areas that are extremely relevant, fast moving layers of the API economy. Looking at the date on my other white papers, June 2013, it seems that summer is a good time to hibernate and produce these new, long form snapshots of my ongoing research into the API economy.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape