Posted on 07-14-2014
I though the trigger actions stood out, allowing you to take common actions when something occurs with an API:
- TRIGGER_EMAIL - enable email notification
- TRIGGER_PAGER_DUTY - enable PagerDuty notification
- TRIGGER_WEBHOOK - enable a generic webhook notification
- TRIGGER_HIPCHAT- enable HipChat notification
AutoDevBot, even takes things to another level, providing a ready to go Docker container, to quickly deploy API Monitor Runner, and then configure it on setup, using Docker environment params--a very interesting approach to deploying open tooling to support APIs.
I really like this type of deployment for vital API services, focusing on providing a simple, valuable, cloud-based service, as well as an open source version that anyone can put to use. We just saw the same moves from 3Scale with the release of APITools, and now AutoDevBot with API Monitor Runner.
I’d love to see other critical building blocks of the API economy emulate this approach—there is plenty of money to be made from cloud services, while also providing open tool that will stimulate API growth across many business sectors. Which, creates more need for services.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API