Posted on 07-14-2014
I though the trigger actions stood out, allowing you to take common actions when something occurs with an API:
- TRIGGER_EMAIL - enable email notification
- TRIGGER_PAGER_DUTY - enable PagerDuty notification
- TRIGGER_WEBHOOK - enable a generic webhook notification
- TRIGGER_HIPCHAT- enable HipChat notification
AutoDevBot, even takes things to another level, providing a ready to go Docker container, to quickly deploy API Monitor Runner, and then configure it on setup, using Docker environment params--a very interesting approach to deploying open tooling to support APIs.
I really like this type of deployment for vital API services, focusing on providing a simple, valuable, cloud-based service, as well as an open source version that anyone can put to use. We just saw the same moves from 3Scale with the release of APITools, and now AutoDevBot with API Monitor Runner.
I’d love to see other critical building blocks of the API economy emulate this approach—there is plenty of money to be made from cloud services, while also providing open tool that will stimulate API growth across many business sectors. Which, creates more need for services.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs