Posted on 07-14-2014
I though the trigger actions stood out, allowing you to take common actions when something occurs with an API:
- TRIGGER_EMAIL - enable email notification
- TRIGGER_PAGER_DUTY - enable PagerDuty notification
- TRIGGER_WEBHOOK - enable a generic webhook notification
- TRIGGER_HIPCHAT- enable HipChat notification
AutoDevBot, even takes things to another level, providing a ready to go Docker container, to quickly deploy API Monitor Runner, and then configure it on setup, using Docker environment params--a very interesting approach to deploying open tooling to support APIs.
I really like this type of deployment for vital API services, focusing on providing a simple, valuable, cloud-based service, as well as an open source version that anyone can put to use. We just saw the same moves from 3Scale with the release of APITools, and now AutoDevBot with API Monitor Runner.
I’d love to see other critical building blocks of the API economy emulate this approach—there is plenty of money to be made from cloud services, while also providing open tool that will stimulate API growth across many business sectors. Which, creates more need for services.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs