Posted on 07-14-2014
I though the trigger actions stood out, allowing you to take common actions when something occurs with an API:
- TRIGGER_EMAIL - enable email notification
- TRIGGER_PAGER_DUTY - enable PagerDuty notification
- TRIGGER_WEBHOOK - enable a generic webhook notification
- TRIGGER_HIPCHAT- enable HipChat notification
AutoDevBot, even takes things to another level, providing a ready to go Docker container, to quickly deploy API Monitor Runner, and then configure it on setup, using Docker environment params--a very interesting approach to deploying open tooling to support APIs.
I really like this type of deployment for vital API services, focusing on providing a simple, valuable, cloud-based service, as well as an open source version that anyone can put to use. We just saw the same moves from 3Scale with the release of APITools, and now AutoDevBot with API Monitor Runner.
I’d love to see other critical building blocks of the API economy emulate this approach—there is plenty of money to be made from cloud services, while also providing open tool that will stimulate API growth across many business sectors. Which, creates more need for services.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization