Posted on 08-13-2014
I get regular requests to add APIs to my website via email, Twitter, and carrier pigeon. I have an Evernote that I put these requests into, and as I have time, I review, then possibly add to the appropriate API Evangelist network project.
To support this process, I've crafted a new response email to requests I get, that I thought I would share with everyone:
Sure thing. It could take me a day or two, or maybe up to a week.
You are also welcome to fork any of the 60+ API Evangelist network projects, and add to the JSON list that is driving the listing, they are all under the /data folder. Otherwise I'll add as I have time in the next week.
Once you submit your pull request, if your company listing is relevant to the research I’m doing, I will accept your addition. No guarantees, so make sure it will provide value to not just my research, but to the API community.
Thanks for sharing information about your API!
It is a little known fact that all 60+ plus of my research projects run as Github repositories, using Github and Jekyll to drive the overall website and blog. With this approach, everyone can fork any of my projects, add a company to a listing, post to the blog, or correct a spelling or grammar error.
Just remember, when you are looking to get the word out about your API, or new feature, you can help curate and publish on the API Evangelist network.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet