Posted on 02-28-2011
Every API owner wants to ensure she or he has high quality, professional developers to refer to partners when building applications that use their API. It can take years to cultivate an organic community of high quality developers for an API area. Freelance developer communities like Elance have existing developers and provide existing tools for:
- Defining Skills - Establishing common development skillsets that are needed for API integration.
- Skills Acreditation - Self assessment, skills testing, and acreditation around a specific API.
- Rating System - Establishing a rating system for developers to set levels of expected quality around API development.
- Job History - Show job history for API developer, establishing a professional history of API developoment.
- Feedback System - Provide a feedback systems for API partners and other businesses to comment on developers API integration work.
|<< Previous||Next >>|
- Building My API Community with Elance (kinlane.com)
- The Instapaper Dilemma: The Journey to an API Business Model (apigee.com)
- APIs Power Partner Relationships (apievangelist.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet