Posted on 02-28-2011
Every API owner wants to ensure she or he has high quality, professional developers to refer to partners when building applications that use their API. It can take years to cultivate an organic community of high quality developers for an API area. Freelance developer communities like Elance have existing developers and provide existing tools for:
- Defining Skills - Establishing common development skillsets that are needed for API integration.
- Skills Acreditation - Self assessment, skills testing, and acreditation around a specific API.
- Rating System - Establishing a rating system for developers to set levels of expected quality around API development.
- Job History - Show job history for API developer, establishing a professional history of API developoment.
- Feedback System - Provide a feedback systems for API partners and other businesses to comment on developers API integration work.
|<< Previous||Next >>|
- Building My API Community with Elance (kinlane.com)
- The Instapaper Dilemma: The Journey to an API Business Model (apigee.com)
- APIs Power Partner Relationships (apievangelist.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract