Posted on 05-27-2011
Seevl, a music discovery service that provides anew way to explore the cultural and musical universe of various artists, just launched an API with the assistance of 3Scale. When deploying the API, Seevl approached it a little differently than most. Instead of providing a separate API to access data, Seevl relies on content negotiation principles to deliver alternative representations of web pages. This means the entire Seevl website is the API and you can get JSON representations of almost every page in the site. Seevl relies on HTTP headers to let developers request data using a particular content-types, and authenticate using three parameters:
- Accept - The content-type required
- X_APP_ID - Developer application ID
- X_APP_KEY - Developer application Key
- Seevl: Explore the cultural universe based on semantic web technologies (semantic-web.at)
- Whats Next for APIs? Learning From Social APIs (apievangelist.com)
- Google APIs Explorer (apievangelist.com)
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Maybe I Am Missing Something, But Where Is Your Pricing Page?
- I Find It Interesting That Wordnik Created The API Definition Format Swagger
- Autogenerate Runscope-powered API SDKs Using APIMatic
- Where Do We Start With APIs At The University of Oklahoma?
- What I Would Look For When Hiring a Modern API Developer?
- The U.S. International Trade Commission Includes APIs In Latest Report
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week