Posted on 05-16-2012
I am really starting to see my early visions of the Internet coming together. In my mind I see an interconnected world of products and commerce, where every business has an API.
APIs finally seem to be maturing, reaching a point where they can deliver at the scale and reliability we need, to really make this happen. Three good examples of this are:
- The StructuredRetailProducts.com API - Providing to access to over 3 million individual product listings from 1700+ companies, representing total sales of over £3,382 billion and counting. Access 15+ years of product and market data across 72 different countries at the click of a button and get the latest data on sales volumes, activity levels, and market share.
- The Elastic Path Digital Commerce API - A Digital Commerce Engine™ for driving any e-commerce experience, on any device or platform, allowing companies to build compelling product experiences, leverage new business models, and extend their reach to emerging end points.
- Stripe API - A complete payment platform, that handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account, without a merchant account or gateway.
When you look through those three APIs, you see the simplicity of REST + JSON, plus the essential building blocks to support developers, and the power and scalability you need to drive commerce in the API driven economy.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use As Part Of My API Support Strategy
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup