I am really starting to see my early visions of the Internet coming together. In my mind I see an interconnected world of products and commerce, where every business has an API.
APIs finally seem to be maturing, reaching a point where they can deliver at the scale and reliability we need, to really make this happen. Three good examples of this are:
- The StructuredRetailProducts.com API - Providing to access to over 3 million individual product listings from 1700+ companies, representing total sales of over £3,382 billion and counting. Access 15+ years of product and market data across 72 different countries at the click of a button and get the latest data on sales volumes, activity levels, and market share.
- The Elastic Path Digital Commerce API - A Digital Commerce Engine™ for driving any e-commerce experience, on any device or platform, allowing companies to build compelling product experiences, leverage new business models, and extend their reach to emerging end points.
- Stripe API - A complete payment platform, that handles everything, including storing cards, subscriptions, and direct payouts to your bank account, without a merchant account or gateway.
When you look through those three APIs, you see the simplicity of REST + JSON, plus the essential building blocks to support developers, and the power and scalability you need to drive commerce in the API driven economy.
|E-commerce, Economy, Payments, Products|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space