Posted on 05-23-2012
Nike is working on a new API as part of their Nike Better World initative. The API provides access to a materials sustainability index, which evaluates the environmental impact of materials used by manufacturers.
The scoring system evaluates the environmental impacts of materials used in products using a combination of materials-specific data, covering areas such as Chemistry, Energy and Greenhouse Gas Intensity, Water and Land Use Intensity, and Waste.
The Nike Materials Sustainability Index API is only in alpha stage right now, and is undergoing for a peer review process with Duke University. You can follow their Nike Maker’s Blog to get more information on the initiative and get notified when the API will be available to the public.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization