Posted on 05-23-2012
Nike is working on a new API as part of their Nike Better World initative. The API provides access to a materials sustainability index, which evaluates the environmental impact of materials used by manufacturers.
The scoring system evaluates the environmental impacts of materials used in products using a combination of materials-specific data, covering areas such as Chemistry, Energy and Greenhouse Gas Intensity, Water and Land Use Intensity, and Waste.
The Nike Materials Sustainability Index API is only in alpha stage right now, and is undergoing for a peer review process with Duke University. You can follow their Nike Maker’s Blog to get more information on the initiative and get notified when the API will be available to the public.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Someone Please Build My Open, Interactive, Portable, And Visual API Documentation Toolkit
- Dwolla Using Slate For An Evolved API Documentation Experience
- Crazy Mess Of URLs Across 400 Of The APIs In My Stack
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections