Posted on 05-23-2012
Nike is working on a new API as part of their Nike Better World initative. The API provides access to a materials sustainability index, which evaluates the environmental impact of materials used by manufacturers.
The scoring system evaluates the environmental impacts of materials used in products using a combination of materials-specific data, covering areas such as Chemistry, Energy and Greenhouse Gas Intensity, Water and Land Use Intensity, and Waste.
The Nike Materials Sustainability Index API is only in alpha stage right now, and is undergoing for a peer review process with Duke University. You can follow their Nike Maker’s Blog to get more information on the initiative and get notified when the API will be available to the public.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API