Posted on 09-25-2012
The Tumblr engineering team has been hard at work on a new Github page, showcasing the open source projects they've released.
Tumblr has also added a coming soon section, highlighting open source projects they are planning on releasing in the near future.
What's interesting is they have also included select presentations from conferences and events Tumblr has presented at.
The Github implementation by Tumblr is pretty unique, and to go even further, Tumblr has also open sourced their whole approach to deploying it on Github.
Tumblr's use of Github is worth showcasing. I think it's an innovative approach that other API owners could follow to showcase the open source project they are working on, as well as valuable event presentations.
I'm really impressed with the number of innovative uses of Github I'm seeing lately.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- The Emerging Landscape Of API Orchestration Platforms
- Getting Labeled A Hater On The Hypermedia Panel At API Craft
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able