Posted on 09-25-2012
The Tumblr engineering team has been hard at work on a new Github page, showcasing the open source projects they've released.
Tumblr has also added a coming soon section, highlighting open source projects they are planning on releasing in the near future.
What's interesting is they have also included select presentations from conferences and events Tumblr has presented at.
The Github implementation by Tumblr is pretty unique, and to go even further, Tumblr has also open sourced their whole approach to deploying it on Github.
Tumblr's use of Github is worth showcasing. I think it's an innovative approach that other API owners could follow to showcase the open source project they are working on, as well as valuable event presentations.
I'm really impressed with the number of innovative uses of Github I'm seeing lately.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr