Posted on 11-30-2012
In 2012 the number of APIs has grown significantly. We are transitioning from “there aren’t enough APIs” to “how do we more intelligently use many APIs”. As I track on this and the future of web APIs, I’m noticing growth in the number of API aggregators like Singly.
A couple of weeks ago I was introduced Adigami, a "Singly for Analytics". While Singly focuses on personal data API aggregation, Adigami is focused on aggregating the top analytic platforms used in business today--covering seven key channels:
- Web - Google Analytics
- Search - Google AdWords, Microsoft Bing
- Display - DoubleClick, Yahoo! APT, Facebook Ads, MediaMind
- Social - Facebook Insights, Twitter
- Mobile - Yahoo! Mobile, Verve Wireless
- Email - MailChimp, SendGrid, ConstantContact, ExactTarget
- Custom - Adigami can import proprietary data.
Operating your business on the Internet or "in the cloud" is a reality, and as we operate more and more in this cloud, each platform will have its own set of analytics--making the need to centralize and standardize analytics across channels and platforms more and more critical.
Adigami is just the tip of the iceberg. I predict we’ll see API aggregators emerge from top industries like government, healthcare and education. In 2013 we will learn to more fluently communicate with web APIs with the help of API aggregators like Singly and Adigami.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet