Posted on 03-15-2013
In May 2011 I released a book called the Business of APIs. The book was intended to be an introductory walkthrough for non-technical people, to the world of APIs. I wanted to educate business, organizational and governmental leaders about the space, and the important role of APIs in having a healthy digital strategy.
Its coming up on two years later, and I'm finally getting around to updating the Business of APIs. After a nice long walk on the strand with @audreywatters, we have the outline for the next version:
- What is an API?
- What are APIs used for?
- The history of APIs
- What goes into an API?
- Do you need an API?
- How do you get an API??
- What are the common building blocks of an API?
- What are possible business models for an API?
- How do you evangelize and support an API?
- Where have some APIs stumbled?
- APIs, a new way of doing business
The goal of the Business of APIs is the same. Help anyone, from any company, organization or the government understand what an API is, and why they are important. You don't have to be a developer to put APIs to use, this book is for everyone.
Look for an updated version of the Business of APIs by June. I'll still keep it a simple guide to the space, but provide a whole lot more information that will help you understand the Business of APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- ReliefWeb Is Tackling The Worlds Biggest Problems Using APIs
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?