Posted on 06-04-2013
I just got back from Madrid, Spain, where I spoke at APIdays Mediterranea. I really enjoy the API Days format, because the events are small, intimate API learning and networking opportunities.
While at API Days I got to hang out with many of the usual suspects Andy Thurai of Intel, Guillaume Balas of 3Scale, Ronnie Mitra of Layer7, Bruno Pedro of CloudWork, Swift of SendGrid and API Days organizer Mehdi Medjaoui of WebShell.
I also had the opportunity to re-enforce some existing relationships in person, with Isabelle Mauny of WSO2, Jeremiah Lee a UX researcher from SF and Eduardo Basterrechea and Elena Alvarez of Apicultur.
API Days Mediterranea was a great introduction to the API innovation occurring in Spain, and a great opportunity to have conversations with companies and developers from the region, and hear the challenges they face in getting the word out about APIs in their country.
I really dig going to new regions and helping spreading the API gospel. Thank you so much to Apicultur for bringing me out, and Webhsell and Fabernovel for helping organize. Also don't forget 3Scale, Intel, Mailjet and WSO2 for organizing.
I can't wait for the next edition of API Days, the model really works well for planting the necessary seeds in new regions to get the API conversation going. Next up is API Days San Francisco (no seed planting required), but there will be other cities added, so make sure and step up if you'd like to see API Days in your city!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Getting Labeled A Hater On The Hypermedia Panel At API Craft
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy