Posted on 06-04-2013
I just got back from Madrid, Spain, where I spoke at APIdays Mediterranea. I really enjoy the API Days format, because the events are small, intimate API learning and networking opportunities.
While at API Days I got to hang out with many of the usual suspects Andy Thurai of Intel, Guillaume Balas of 3Scale, Ronnie Mitra of Layer7, Bruno Pedro of CloudWork, Swift of SendGrid and API Days organizer Mehdi Medjaoui of WebShell.
I also had the opportunity to re-enforce some existing relationships in person, with Isabelle Mauny of WSO2, Jeremiah Lee a UX researcher from SF and Eduardo Basterrechea and Elena Alvarez of Apicultur.
API Days Mediterranea was a great introduction to the API innovation occurring in Spain, and a great opportunity to have conversations with companies and developers from the region, and hear the challenges they face in getting the word out about APIs in their country.
I really dig going to new regions and helping spreading the API gospel. Thank you so much to Apicultur for bringing me out, and Webhsell and Fabernovel for helping organize. Also don't forget 3Scale, Intel, Mailjet and WSO2 for organizing.
I can't wait for the next edition of API Days, the model really works well for planting the necessary seeds in new regions to get the API conversation going. Next up is API Days San Francisco (no seed planting required), but there will be other cities added, so make sure and step up if you'd like to see API Days in your city!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems