Posted on 06-04-2013
I just got back from Madrid, Spain, where I spoke at APIdays Mediterranea. I really enjoy the API Days format, because the events are small, intimate API learning and networking opportunities.
While at API Days I got to hang out with many of the usual suspects Andy Thurai of Intel, Guillaume Balas of 3Scale, Ronnie Mitra of Layer7, Bruno Pedro of CloudWork, Swift of SendGrid and API Days organizer Mehdi Medjaoui of WebShell.
I also had the opportunity to re-enforce some existing relationships in person, with Isabelle Mauny of WSO2, Jeremiah Lee a UX researcher from SF and Eduardo Basterrechea and Elena Alvarez of Apicultur.
API Days Mediterranea was a great introduction to the API innovation occurring in Spain, and a great opportunity to have conversations with companies and developers from the region, and hear the challenges they face in getting the word out about APIs in their country.
I really dig going to new regions and helping spreading the API gospel. Thank you so much to Apicultur for bringing me out, and Webhsell and Fabernovel for helping organize. Also don't forget 3Scale, Intel, Mailjet and WSO2 for organizing.
I can't wait for the next edition of API Days, the model really works well for planting the necessary seeds in new regions to get the API conversation going. Next up is API Days San Francisco (no seed planting required), but there will be other cities added, so make sure and step up if you'd like to see API Days in your city!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr