Posted on 06-04-2013
I just got back from Madrid, Spain, where I spoke at APIdays Mediterranea. I really enjoy the API Days format, because the events are small, intimate API learning and networking opportunities.
While at API Days I got to hang out with many of the usual suspects Andy Thurai of Intel, Guillaume Balas of 3Scale, Ronnie Mitra of Layer7, Bruno Pedro of CloudWork, Swift of SendGrid and API Days organizer Mehdi Medjaoui of WebShell.
I also had the opportunity to re-enforce some existing relationships in person, with Isabelle Mauny of WSO2, Jeremiah Lee a UX researcher from SF and Eduardo Basterrechea and Elena Alvarez of Apicultur.
API Days Mediterranea was a great introduction to the API innovation occurring in Spain, and a great opportunity to have conversations with companies and developers from the region, and hear the challenges they face in getting the word out about APIs in their country.
I really dig going to new regions and helping spreading the API gospel. Thank you so much to Apicultur for bringing me out, and Webhsell and Fabernovel for helping organize. Also don't forget 3Scale, Intel, Mailjet and WSO2 for organizing.
I can't wait for the next edition of API Days, the model really works well for planting the necessary seeds in new regions to get the API conversation going. Next up is API Days San Francisco (no seed planting required), but there will be other cities added, so make sure and step up if you'd like to see API Days in your city!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills
- Finding Good API Developer Talent Is Hard
- Common Building Blocks Of API Design