Posted on 06-19-2013
I went to Spain at the beginning of the month to speak at API Days. While there I had the pleasure of connecting with the team from Apicultur. If you are not familiar with Apicultur, they are a platform for linguistic APIs, providing resources ranging from word frequency, synonyms and sentiment analysis to word games.
Apicultur is relevant because language APIs WILL be central to evolution of not just mobile, but also the Internet of Things. Also, Apicultur isn't just trying to build the best linguistics API in the world, they are working to assemble a marketplace of the worlds linguistic API resources.
The value of the API resources Apicultur is developing attracted me to them, but then I learned more about their overall business model, and was really hooked. They want you to hang your valuable linguistics API in their marketplace, side by side with the ones they develop. They truly want to build the most valuable marketplace of API driven, language resources from around the world.
The Apicultur team is in San Francisco this weekend for API Days, if you are a complimentary API I recommend you connecting with them. Also if you have a business that could use the resources they offer, I also recommend reaching out. You can ping them @apicultur or feel free to contact me, and I'll hook you up. Or maybe just head down to API Days at Parisoma.
What Apicultur is doing, reflects the next iteration of APIs from an all the APIs directory like ProgrammableWeb, to niche marketplaces of valuable resources developers will be needing to build the next generation of applications.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet