Posted on 03-17-2014
We are getting close to the API Strategy & Practice conference in Amsterdam next week. With less than one week left, I’m going to be really turning up the volume on API Evangelist about the conversations that will be going on at #APIStrat.
Last week I took a look at the 15 sessions that are happening, and today I’m taking a look at the keynotes, chats and panels that will be happening on main stage.
Thursday March 27th
- Keynote: Ken Wronkiewicz (@wirehead),Technical Leader at Rackspace, Open Stack.
- Keynote: Romain Huet (@romainhuet), Developer Advocate at Twitter, Connecting to the pulse of the planet.
- Keynote: Mehdi Medjaoui (@medjawii), Co-founder at Webshell.io & Oauth.io, Scale the API Economy with the Open API Definition Leap Of Faith
- Fireside Chat: Tyler Singletary (@harmophone), Director of Platform at Klout, Interviewed by Kin Lane, API Evangelist.
- Keynote: John Sheehan (@johnsheehan), Co-founder & CEO at Runscope, John is an API fanatic with over 15 years of experience working in a wide variety of IT and software development roles.
- Fireside Chat: Gordon Hollingworth, Director of Software at Raspberry Pi, Interviewed by Robin Wauters, from Tech.eu || Gordon is the Director of Engineering at Raspberry Pi in the UK - currently the worlds fastest growing computer company. Pi's are now used in all sorts of applications from standard desktop computing to embedded systems.
- Keynote: Mike Amundsen (@mamund), API Architect at Layer7, Self-Replication, Strandbeest, and the Game of Life What von Neumann, Jansen, and Conway can teach us about scaling the API economy.
Thursday March 28th
- Keynote: David Haskiya (@Europeanaeu), Product Development Manager at Europeana
- Keynote: Eva Sjokvist (@evasjokvist), Product Owner at Absolut Vodka The story on how Absolut created the world's first API for cocktails and the innovation that followed.
- Keynote: Frank Kresin (@kresin), Research Director at Waag Society City SDK: tons of data, dozens of cities, one API.
- Fireside Chat: Renaud Visage (@), Founding Technical Engineer at Eventbrite Renaud is the founding technical architect of Eventbrite and is responsible for the internationalization of our platform. Say what?! Basically, the man cooked up Eventbrite’s secret sauce. He built the engine that runs the entire platform. And now he’s revving it and spreading it around the world.
- Panel: Enterprise APIs - Panelists: Isabelle Mauny (@isamauny) Director of Product Management at WSO2, Ismail Elshareef (@ielshareef) Open Platform at Edmunds , Laura Heritage (@heritagelaura) Principal Consultant at SOA Software , Toralf Richter (@ToralfRichter) Senior Manager Engineering at Tom Tom Business Solution
- Keynote: Kat Borlongan (@KatBorlongan), Co-founder at Five by Five Kat Borlongan is an open data enthusiast with many different hats. Currently, she is the co-founder of the Paris-based open data agency Five by Five and directs the Open Data Institute Paris.
- Keynote: Adam Wiggins (@hirodusk), Hacker & Entrepreneur. Co-founder at Heroku Hackability, Part 2. The Role of APIs in a Hackable World.
- Keynote: Adam DuVander (@adamd), Developer Communications Director at Sendgrid Join us for a chat with Adam from Sendgrid, where we will discuss his role at SendGrid, but also explore the wider world of APIs from the former editor at ProgrammableWeb.
Let’s look at the companies represented here: Rackspace, Twitter, Webshell, OAuth.io, Klout, Waag Society, CitySDK, Runscope, Raspberry Pi, Layer7, Europeana, Absolut Vodka, WaaG Society, Eventbrite, WSO2, Edmunds, SOA Software, Tom Tom, Five by Five, Heroku, and SendGrid. That is over 20 separate companies who are leading in the API space, for you to learn from.
At #APIStrat in Amsterdam you won't just get a chance to hear these talks, you will have the opportunity to mine and have conversations with these API leaders. Make sure you are registered for #APIStrat and don’t miss out on the latest API conversations.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate