Posted on 04-16-2014
Its not often I find myself referencing Cisco when it comes to shedding light on interesting practices for the API space, but today is not your usual day.
At some point yesterday, I found myself at cisco.com, and I stumbled across their social page, which gives equal real estate to their blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Youtube channel, as well as highlights from their community forum.
I like the idea of having a page like this for API providers. It helps you establish a single page, that can act as a one-stop shop for getting information about what is going on within an API community.
From a planning perspective it also helps providers understand they need to have more than one channel when it comes to providing API support via social channels.
Cisco’s social media page is a pretty basic example, but I think a potentially powerful one that API providers can follow when organizing their own social platform, for their own API communities.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Where Do We Start With APIs At The University of Oklahoma?
- What I Would Look For When Hiring a Modern API Developer?
- The U.S. International Trade Commission Includes APIs In Latest Report
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions