Posted on 06-27-2014
I’m not at Google I/O this week, enjoying some downtime in SoCal, but I am watching some of the news coming out of the event. One thing I noticed, was the addition of monitoring to the Google Developer Console, where Google is slowly working their StackDriver acquisition into their fast growing API driven, cloud development platform.
You have to request access to the new monitoring services, and Google will open up "Stackdriver's monitoring capabilities available to select Google Cloud trusted testers at no charge”. Wile Stackdriver is about monitoring your cloud infrastructure, it also provides granular level, API endpoint monitoring solutions that you can use to monitor the health of the API resources you depend on in your apps.
When Google makes a move to support a specific feature across its world of APIs, I take notice. Much like when Google adopted OAuth 2.0 across all APIs, I think their move to provide monitoring services, is a sign that monitoring of the resources you depend is going mainstream--something all web, mobile and Iot API resource providers need to have in place by default in 2014.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet