Posted on 07-04-2014
I have a lot of ideas while being the API Evangelist. It just comes with the territory. I have an Evernote folder that I publish these ideas to, and some of them, like my Screen Capture API, I actually make a reality.
The other night while writing, Shadow API: Launching An API Before Someone Else Does, I went to add the Nebraska homestead record API idea to my Evernote, and I said, ENOUGH! I need a public place to store these ideas, and while I'm at it, I'll enable others to publish ideas there too.
What better way to allow collaboration around a content store or dataset, than a Github repository plus API. So I launched API Ideas, as an individual API project, on the API Evangelist Network. I allows me to retrieve, and add to a list of API ideas, all stored on Github, using a simple web API.
I’ll be evolving the API over time, you can engage with me on the roadmap, and see stories around the project on the updates page. It is just a start, and I will be adding a lot more bells and whistles, and improve search, as I have time.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems