Posted on 08-26-2014
Hooked allows users to set up notifications for any events related to a Stripe account. Hooked uses the Stripe API to disocver events, and then employs webhooks to send notifications.
As I'm writing this story, I realize this is very similar to my previous story today about real-time and visualization layers for APIs, and that notifications could easily be provided as a white label solution for API providers, giving them a ready to go notification layer to their APIs.
Right now I lump notifications in my research under real-time, but I think I will be pulling it out into its own research area. Notifications are real-time, but they are more messaging than just a real-time feature, but they are kind of more real-time than just a message too. Does that make sense?
We'll see. That is the fun of my API Evangelist research network, is that all of it is pretty liquid—allowing me to keep moving things around until they make sense in my head.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs