Posted on 08-26-2014
Hooked allows users to set up notifications for any events related to a Stripe account. Hooked uses the Stripe API to disocver events, and then employs webhooks to send notifications.
As I'm writing this story, I realize this is very similar to my previous story today about real-time and visualization layers for APIs, and that notifications could easily be provided as a white label solution for API providers, giving them a ready to go notification layer to their APIs.
Right now I lump notifications in my research under real-time, but I think I will be pulling it out into its own research area. Notifications are real-time, but they are more messaging than just a real-time feature, but they are kind of more real-time than just a message too. Does that make sense?
We'll see. That is the fun of my API Evangelist research network, is that all of it is pretty liquid—allowing me to keep moving things around until they make sense in my head.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization
- Project Idea: Codenvy-Like Containerized Spreadsheets