Posted on 08-26-2014
I have been doing a lot of research into the world of financial APIs, specifically looking at some of the larger companies providing APIs that deliver market news, data, corporate profiles, and other data that make markets go round.
As I consider some of the common building blocks that are common across many financial API--real-time data frameworks, and visualization tools are two of the top items that I think will be part of every financial API stack in the future. Almost every API I looked at had some sort of real-time stream, promising data faster, as well as a way to extract meaning from these streams using template, or custom visualizations.
I’m tracking on real-time API services and tools, and i’ve been seeing some of these frameworks, like Firebase getting baked in by default to some API platforms. I am also tracking on visualization tools, I just don’t have the research published as a Github repository yet, like I do with my real-time research.
I will keep tracking on API providers who are doing interesting things with real-time or visualizations, and hopefully be able to publish more examples. I can’t help but think there are some pretty interesting opportunities for open frameworks, and white label solutions for API providers when it comes to real-time, and visualization layers on top of their existing APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape