Posted on 08-28-2014
I never properly wrapped up my experience at API-Craft last month, where I moderated a pretty important panel discussion on hypermedia with Mike Amundsen (@mamund), Mike Kelly (@mikekelly85) Steve Klabnik (@steveklabnik), Kevin Swiber (@kevinswiber), Jørn Wildt (@JornWildt), and Markus Lanthaler (@MarkusLanthaler).
The discussion was pretty amazing, I will let you watch for yourself. The action actually starts right at about 30:00 minute mark, so there is a lot of dead space until then.
Careful it is 3 hours of some pretty geeky talk, you might experience some hypermedia side effects. Seriously though, this is a pretty important video discussion about a very relevant, and often misunderstood part of API evolution. I highly recommend watching.
I'm just getting back down to this time period in my Evernote stack, so look for some more stories out of API Craft and hypermedia after rewatching this talk. Also stay tuned for upcoming stories from I Love APIs in San Francisco, #API360 Summit in Washington DC, and of course @APIStrat in Chicago at the end of September.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API
- Reducing The API Stack Down From 830 to 690
- Gathering My Thoughts Around Common Patterns For Base URLs Across Nearly 700 APIs