Posted on 03-21-2014
Content and data aggregation provider Gnip just announced a new API from their “Plugged In Partner” Brandwatch, who launched the Brandwatch API, giving developers access to social data, filtered through their a brand lens, so they can build custom tools, visualizations and other apps around Twitter data.
The Brandwatch API itself isn't that groundbreaking, there are plenty of other social analysis APIs offering similar features, but the fact that it was an API built on top of Gnip, one of the only approved Twitter firehose providers remaining, I found to be interesting.
Gnip is trusted Twitter provider, with firehose access to Twitter data, and Brandwatch is a trusted Gnip partner, providing an API with access to Twitter data. At this point I can't tell if I’m in a dream, or a dream within a dream?
I feel like we've moved into a strange post Twitter API apocalypse land where turmoil in the Twitter ecosystem has died down, Gnip and other Twitter partners are thriving, and we are even seeing new APIs being built on Twitter data. I’m not sure how I feel about this, to be honest I can't tell if I’m awake anymore.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract